Thursday, December 21, 2006

the transformation of Transformers

my brother and i were watching the Transformers trailer today...to which my brother complained, "unh, Bumblebee!?!" ever a Mace. (perhaps he was more articulate, but you get the idea).

how does Bumblebee go from a VW bug to [what looks like] a Chevy Camaro? (not that i have anything against the new Camaro: see my ode to the 2009 Camaro) i can see the producers over at Dreamworks now; “so, the VW bug is a bit 80’s and, well, German. How about something a little more American, like a Chevy! Chevys have such an American name. Chevys are ‘Like a rock.’ I like the sound of that!”
“But rocks don’t transform, sir. At least not very quickly.”
“We can fix that. What’s our budget?”

i say this a lot it seems: “oh, Michael Bay.”

*sigh*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They didn't even get the sound right!!! And, umm, excuse me, but THERE'S NO FUCKING SCORPION or CH-64 TRANSFORMER. Fucking Bullshit.

All I want is a Starscream vs. Megatron bitchfest, and I doubt it will even have that.

S

melaina said...

we are so related.

Anonymous said...

There totally is a giant scorpion Transformer. I'm not saying it's a cool one, or that he was in the old cartoons, but there is.

Also, apparently, I never want a girl to touch me again.