Friday, October 06, 2006

Spartans!

Frank Miller's 300.

I read the comic when I was working in the story department at Regency four years ago. It's about freakin time.

ADDENDUM: i received a couple of comments regarding the music in this trailer; if you're awesome, you know that it's Nine Inch Nails (Just Like You Imagined. off The Fragile. great album) if you didn't know that, well now you do.

i am personally susceptible to any marketing campaign/trailer/movie that incorporates NIN into their soundtrack. see Man on Fire (which might be the only case of cleverly woven in Linda Rondstadt i've ever witnessed as well).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just peed myself.

Anonymous said...

saw the trailer before The Departed...
both of the friends I was with checked to see the look on my face at the end...
ecstasy...

Anonymous said...

On one hand this movie looks really badass and I will definitely see it.

On the other hand, I have to laugh uncontrollably at the Hollywood perversion of having King Leonidas say the line "then we fight in the shade" with such bravado. And upon glancing at imdb, they don't even have Dieneces listed. The Dieneces who is credited with this quote. The same one who is referred to as bravest of all Spartans. But you know, what does Herodotus know about Greek history anyway?

At least they have Gerard Butler playing Leonidas. I have always thought that he should be given more compelling roles than the crappy bits he has played before oh say Dracula or whatever the hell he was in the Lara Croft movie I never saw. And even if he ends up being terrible, he at least has a cool accent and isn't too hard on the eyes. And it's Frank Miller, it's guaranteed to be fun to look at.

- G

Anonymous said...

Oops, I watched it again and some other guy says it, not Butler. So maybe it is one of the guys that IMDB refers to as "Hero Spartan".