Thursday, September 28, 2006

ah, die Freude des Films.

due to my proclivity towards transferring colleges every year and some other technicalities, i somehow ended up taking an "understanding movies" class this semester. the professor of which looks eerily similar to my film history professor from five years ago. and, as i glanced down at the syllabus for the class, i realized that my life has either 1) come full circle, or 2) been sucked into some strange time-warp wherein i will forever be subjected to discussions of mise-en-scene, motif, allusion and allegory.

i got to watch (with weeping joy, for the third time) the clever-if-not-bizarre double-billing of Night Mail and Nuit et Brouillard (which translates to, in English, the most depressing movie ever).

if one frame of Birth of a Nation sneaks its way onto the syllabus, i'm staging a walk-out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that happens to me a lot. I'm circa fall-winter 02-03 right now.

riese said...

malaina, why don't you have RSS feed on your blog? see, i have this little progrma called "netnewswire lite" that when I turn on my computer, it shows me who has updated their bloggg. But yours doesn't come up. C'mon, you're way more technosaavy than me!

melaina said...

'cause besides you i have one friend who actually blogs. it would be sort of anticlimactic.

Anonymous said...

Oooooh. Buuuuuurn