Tuesday, June 20, 2006

the page is blank, my pen is down; i'm working it out.

So, I spent the weekend in Seattle, a place to which I had not returned in four years.

Point one: Laser Tool is awesome. I don’t care what my friends think.

Me: “dude, Laser Tool tonight. You in?”

Dave: “what are you, thirteen?”

Dave Hawkins: Thrill Kill. (love you!)

Loud as hell, and come on kids, the Seattle Center needs the money. Go in your jammies, stoned. I don’t care.

Point two: the Broadway Market is now a QFC, which is weird. Definately a sign of the times (pointing towards the fact that Broadway just isn’t the punk, raver, indie-kid drag it once was). If you like to juxtapose your Urban Outfitters i-needed-an-overpriced-Ramones-shirt shopping with your grocery shopping, then you’re in luck. Otherwise, just fucking weird.

Point three: late teenage drama makes for fun reminiscing. As do Kickwear pants, bad hair-do’s, and former drug-usage. Those were the days.

Also, a shout-out to Jason’s cat Miss Nixie (sp?), who provided ample cuddles and purrs and whose hair has indelibly attached itself to all my clothing.

No comments: