Sunday, May 21, 2006

so dark the con of man, indeed.

so, The Da Vinci Code was underwhelming. potentially snooze-worthy, which could have been the effect of a number of things (Tom Hanks' acting, Ron Howard's directing, the fact that i saw it at 12:30pm EST) i'm inclined to go with Ron Howard's directing, but the crack of noon matinee is likely the more accurate culprit. i saw it on Google's dime, though, so who am i to complain.

lovely company, that Google.

the last few weeks have been, easily, the best i've had in my tenure as a New Yorker. Bri, this is all your fault; you don't suck at all!

however.

a few things have encumbered my joy this week.

1) my grandfather is in the ICU for a pulmonary embolism.
2) my cat is in the ICU for cancer.

(as a direct or indirect result, i'm not sure, my parents bought a BMW, which, if you knew my parents, is weird) sports cars are common remedies, i've heard.

3) (however unimportant) i've gotten a number of curiously random comments from prior romantic attachments about occurrences in my life writ below. which is...what it is.

4) and my flat-panel LCD monitor has magically disappeared in transit from Queens to Brooklyn.

also strange; i seem to have surpassed my it-tastes-like-crap/dimetapp opinion of Red Bull this week. surpassed to point of near addiction. Bri, this is also your fault.

No comments: