Thursday, February 02, 2006

truthiness

James Frey needs a new agent.

i'll state here, for the record (yes, this does seem to be, increasingly, my new catch phrase): who the fuck cares [that he embellished his memoir]? i'm sure many parts of the Bible were 'embellished', yet millions of people live their life by it. of course, those people are crazy...where was Oprah then? "Jesus didn't actually say that? God really didn't create man? I have to say, it is difficult for me to talk to you because I feel really duped."

unrelated, i saw Imagine Me & You. my life would be so much easier if i could just fall in love with a beautiful [gay]woman. well, ok. that may not be true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you trying to tell me Jesus didn't walk on water? I agree, if the publishers were so concerned with the book's message they should of published as fiction as it was originally submitted

melaina said...

yeah. "memoir" is defined as "An account of the personal experiences of an author."

not "The account of the personal experiences of an author."

Oprah was kind of a bitch.